A Self-Help Group (SHG) is an unregistered group of micro-entrepreneurs with similar social and economic backgrounds, who voluntarily work together to improve their individual and collective business. The purpose of SHGs is to promote the businesses of women, young adults, and unskilled farm workers. Members save small amounts regularly, with the mutual agreement to contribute to a common fund to meet their emergency needs. The group members use collective wisdom and peer pressure to ensure proper use of credit and timely repayment of loans.
- BLESS currently recognizes 3000 SHGs and 20 federations .
- Internal savings of Rs.10,00,00,000.
- External lending with nationalized banks of Rs.30,00,00,000.
- Present OSB Rs.10,00,00,000.
- Current demand from groups Rs.100,00,00,000.